The 225 S left the factory in May 1952 and was first owned by Count Antonio Sterzi. It quickly made its
competitive debut in none other than the Mille Miglia in the hands of that gentleman and his co-driver Nino
Rovelli. In June the same year, the 225 S won the Coppa della Toscana with Bruno Sterzi who also raced it to
victory in the Bolzano-Mendola hillclimb and the Coppa InterEuropa at Monza for which both front and rear
bumpers were removed. The car changed hands a couple of times but was then involved in a fire in which it
sustained severe damage. The engine, however, was almost entirely salvageable and an attempt was made
during the 1980s to restore the bodywork. Unfortunately, however, the 225 S remained undriveable.
New lease of life
The 225 S’s renaissance came about thanks to its new owner who commissioned Ferrari Classiche to do the
reconstruction of the interior and a full restoration of the car. Because the documentation regarding the
original interior had been lost, the Maranello team decided to examine all the Ferraris of this kind built in the
early 1950s to ensure the new interior’s spec would be as faithful as possible. The engine too was fully
reconditioned and just a few days ago, sporting a two-tone white and blue livery, the 225 S finally returned to
ruling the roads.